Friday, May 15, 2009

I like encapsulation

There is something intrinsically satisfying about putting one object inside another. Don't think about that too hard, just keep reading.

The concept of encapsulation is universal, transcending cultural boundaries and common sense. Maybe it was because I had some of these as a kid:

The fun never stops... almost.

Anyway, I don't know why I have this pathological drive to contain objects inside each other. Feels good man.
The concept works great for foodstuffs as well. Observe carefully:

Almost there...

Correctomundo!

Too far.

I don't even have to talk about pastries. Send me an anything-filled anything and I promise I will eat it*. If I ever get my hands on one of those jelly injection machines everything in a 10 ft. radius will become twice as edible and 100% more full of jelly.

I'm 19 and still eat at the kids' table every Thanksgiving because all my turkey finds its way into a hollowed out roll one way or another. Either that or because I think it's fun when the cousins start to burn things in the decorative candles.

This MILD obsession is the reason that I think Remember the Titans is a good movie. The film serves as a container for the football game, an event you would normally enjoy independently of cinema. We'll talk more about this later.

No words can describe the greatness below.




*or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment