Thursday, June 4, 2009

i like sunburns

call me weird*, but one thing i really enjoy is a good sunburn. i'm not exactly sure why, but if we were to play psychologist, i'd say it all stems from my insecurities. i am a really pale person, and i guess this is seen as weird in texas, land of a thousand suns. some girl in my high school once came up to me and asked if i was from norway because i was so pale. i told her no and then i punched her in the face and dragged her down the hallways. "hallway-dragging carly," they called me. not really. but anyway, whenever summer rolls around, i'm always lagging behind the other bikini babes who automatically turn golden brown like, the second they encounter UV rays. it's not fair. so i'm usually the one sporting a perky shade of pink/lightish red, and in my efforts to catch up, i think my brain has somehow convinced itself that that horrible tingling/burning sensation feels good. and it does! it's the feeling of summer. painful, painful summer.

this is me


*don't. i'm sensitive.

edit: i got a sunburn on my ass, and i now take back everything i ever said about sunburns being fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment